- 2% market share, increased by 3.8 percentage points compared to 2014
- 2% growth recorded in customer base versus 2014
- 22.1% increase in operating income
- 44% increase in EBITDA
- 78% population coverage via the offering of 4G LTE services starting from 31st December 2015
The company Play, which is member of Olympia Group and belongs to the interests of Panos Germanos, announced the significant expansion of its customer base and of its contract-based subscribers resulting to an increase in operating income and EBITDA profitability.
The exceptional financial performance and the positioning of Play in the telecom market of Poland are further strengthened by the development of 4G LTE network which led to significant population coverage of 78% via the offering of 4G LTE services, starting from 31/12/2015, in line with the company’s investment strategy to acquire the relevant spectrum.
More specifically during the year 2015, Play achieved the following:
- Growth of 15.2% in total customer base compared to the year 2014, reaching 14.15 million subscribers of which contract-based subscribers settled at 50.0% from 47.3% in Q4 2014.
- Increase by 22.1% in total operating income amounting to €1.2 billion (PLN 5,363 million).
- Increase by 44% in EBITDA compared to the year 2014, amounting to €362 million (PLN 1,544 million).
- Further development of the 4G LTE network which has achieved population coverage of 78.0% since 31st December 2015.
2015 was a dynamic year for PLAY, characterized by even stronger revenues and EBITDA profitability as result of the increase in both subscriber base and ARPU (average revenue per user).
Commenting on the financial results of 2015, Mr. JørgenBang-Jensen, CEO of PLAY, stated the following: “During the financial year 2015, the continued growth in subscriber base, which reached 14.15 million, resulted into a significant increase of earnings for PLAY, whereas at the same time its market share increased and currently stands at 25.2%. In 2015, we remained one of the top companies in terms of new subscribers and we continued posting double digit growth with regard to financial results”.
Kostas Karafotakis, General Manager of Olympia Group, commented on the results of PLAY: “Play had another year of strong financial performance and of business success. We believe that 2016 will be a year of further growth for our company, which has the vision to become the top provider for our customers in the Polish market”.
For further information please contact:
Ms. Anthi Trokoudi, Communications Director of Olympia Group, tel. +30 210-8181580, cell +30 6932 100053, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms. Kallia Mylonaki, V+O, tel. +30 211 7501231, email: email@example.com