Public Stores, the No. 1 Greek network of technology and entertainment stores with 54 stores in Greece and Cyprus, subsidiary by 100% of Olympia Group, demonstrating 12 years of activities in the retail market, present their first Sustainability Report, which has been prepared according to the major requirements of the Progress Report with regard to the Principles of United Nations (UN) Global Compact.
More specifically, Public Stores with the objective to become the absolute destination for consumers, employees and partners, ascertain their commitment to comply with the Principles of the United Nations as a precondition towards the modern way of entrepreneurship. These Principles include the areas of Human Resources, the Labor Conditions, the fight against corruption, the protection of environment and the support towards a Sustainable Development.
(check the link : https://view.publitas.com/public-gr/public_report_csr_2016-2017). In more detail, Public Stores proceeded with the following actions:
2016: Human resources
- Recruitment of 94 employees and 75 promotions internally
- Public School of Retail, 18,500 hours of training programs for employees
- Creation of the platformgr for the employees
- Christmas gifts for the entire personnel
- Creation of blood bank
2016: Initiatives for society
- Public participate actively in the society through initiatives, such as the dispatch of supplies to refugees, events providing information about the phenomenon of school bullying and the boosting of the campaign “1-in-5” for the prevention of child sexual abuse.
- 1,000 educational and cultural events per year for children and adults, free of charge
- Local communities: 95% of total employees, in 50 stores, across Greece, have been recruited from the local communities in which they work and live.
2016: For the market & the customers
- Further development of the network of stores with 3 new stores in Greece and Cyprus
- 15 distinctions including the following two: Retailer of the Year & the Best Greek online store
- Customer service: 98% of consumers have declared their absolute satisfaction when it comes to customer service, whereas 94% of the consumers say that they would make additional purchases from public.gr
Environment and sustainable development: Undertaking initiatives towards promotion of environmental responsibility on behalf of the employees, the partners and the customers of stores. Furthermore, the company aims at a stronger commercial distribution of the products which are produced according to environment friendly technologies.
Anthi Trokoudi, Communication Director of Public, member of Olympia Group, stated the following: “With the development of our people, the customer satisfaction and our social footprint comprising the central pillars, the first Sustainability Report of Public reveals the multifaceted character of the brand and underlines the value which the company offers towards entrepreneurship and society.”